Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Fennel and tomatoes are a classic combination in Italian pasta sauces.
1. Cover sun-dried tomatoes with 3/4 cup boiling water in bowl. Soak 30 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, and set aside.
2. Cook orzo according to package directions; drain, and set aside.
3. Coat Dutch oven with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add fennel; top with carrots and onion, and cook 5 minutes without stirring. Stir, and sauté 5 minutes more. Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Stir in fire-roasted tomatoes, beans, and sun-dried tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve over orzo.
- Calories 364
- Carbohydrate Content 74 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 514 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g