Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The success of this light starter depends on the quality of the ravioli and broth you use. For best results, make it with homemade stock, such as the Vegetable Stock from vegetariantimes.com. Serve before homemade pizza or eggplant Parmesan.
1. Bring broth and 1 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Add ravioli, and cook according to package directions until al dente. Remove ravioli to plate with slotted spoon.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add carrots, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, and fines herbes. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Ladle broth into bowls. Divide ravioli among bowls, and sprinkle with basil.
- Calories 262
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 43 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 503 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g