Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Chorizo-style soy sausage is one of the best soy meats on the market. Here it adds southwestern-style spice to an easy frittata. Serve with prepared salsa and a leafy green salad.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, whites, cilantro and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tsp. oil in 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and shallot, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add sausage and remaining oil, and cook 1 minute. Stir egg mixture into vegetables, and cook 1 minute. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through. Slice into wedges, and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Calories 82
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 102 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 288 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g