Spring Vegetable Sauté
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 8 oz. baby Yukon gold or small new potatoes
- 16 baby carrots, peeled
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 8 small radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 oz. frozen fava beans or baby lima beans, thawed
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into quarters.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring 6 cups lightly salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes; add asparagus and snap peas and cook for 2 minutes; add radishes and cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
In wide saucepan or deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions, fava beans, cooked potatoes and blanched vegetables, stirring to glaze with oil. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in parsley, lemon juice if desired, tarragon, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let stand for several minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 663 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g