Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This stir-fry is usually made with super-salty fermented black beans. We’ve substituted plain black beans to give the dish body without the extra sodium.
1. Place tofu between 2 cutting boards; tip boards over sink edge to let excess liquid drain off 30 minutes. Cut tofu into bite-size cubes, and roll cubes in sesame seeds in bowl.
2. Heat 2 tsp. sesame oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and cook 10 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Set aside.
3. Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add bok choy; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and black beans; stir-fry 2 minutes more. Stir in tamari, brown sugar, and chile-garlic sauce. Fold in tofu.
- Calories 236
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 546 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g