Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Kids love the sweet-and-sour flavor combination here, and it’s a great way to get them excited about tofu. But you may want to skip the almonds and the herbs when serving younger diners.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 4 16-inch lengths of foil on work surface. Fold foil in half from short side. Unfold. Shape corners and edges of one half into semicircular “bowl” with 1/2-inch sides. Coat insides of foil with cooking spray.
2. Divide tofu among foil packets. Top each serving with 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/4 cup red bell pepper, 1/4 cup green bell pepper, and 2 Tbs. green onions.
3. Whisk together coconut milk, pineapple juice, fruit spread, vinegar, ketchup, and chile-garlic paste. Divide sauce among packets. Fold other half of foil over ingredients, and crimp edges in overlapping folds until packets are sealed. Transfer packets to baking sheet, and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, stir together basil and mint. Transfer pouches to serving plates. Let each person open packet slowly and carefully—escaping air will be hot. Garnish with basil.
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 600 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g