Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This dish gets its distinctive flavor from Szechuan peppercorns, which have a mild, peppery heat. Expect to have about 1 cup extra sauce left over—it’s delicious served over brown rice.
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and Szechuan pepper, and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, and cook 3 minutes more. Add soy crumbles, and cook 3 minutes.
2. Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, miso, sugar, and 1 cup hot water in medium bowl. Pour into skillet, and stir well. Bring to a simmer, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles, and place in large bowl. Toss with 2 cups sauce, and sprinkle with green onions and cashews. Serve hot.
- Calories 421
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 616 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g