Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For a Thai feast of flavors, textures, and colors, a mound of rice is surrounded by a variety of veggies and a sweet-tart fruit—usually pineapple or green apple.
1. To make Dressing: Stir together all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Salad: Coat soup bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Pack rice tightly into bowl, then invert rice onto middle of serving platter to form mound.
3. Surround rice with sprouts, carrots, cabbage, pineapple, and cucumber in separate small mounds.
4. Garnish platter with lemongrass (if using), lime wedges, and sliced green onion. Serve family-style, and pass Dressing and shredded coconut at the table for diners to serve themselves.
- Calories 294
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 735 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g