Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Ground tempeh replaces the traditional ground meat in this make-at-the-table recipe adapted from The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect with Your Kids, One Meal at a Time by Laurie David. Serve with lime wedges and sriracha chile sauce.
1. To make Sauce: whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
2. To make Filling: Pulse tempeh in food processor until coarsely crumbled. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add tempeh and broth, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to medium-high, and cook 10 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Mound vegetables, herbs, and tempeh mixture on platter. Let diners fill lettuce leaves with Filling and Toppings. Serve with bowls of Sauce and peanuts.
- Calories 112
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 109 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g