Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Sage and tomatoes pair beautifully in this light pasta sauce. Firm Roma tomatoes are your best bet here for a sauce that’s not too watery. If early-season tomatoes make the sauce taste too acidic, stir 1 tsp. sugar or honey in with the sage and olives.
1. Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water 10 to 11 minutes, or until al dente.
2. Heat oil and garlic in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until garlic is browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, sage, and olives, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Drain spaghetti, and return to pot. Add sauce, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Divide among 6 serving bowls, and garnish with sage leaves.
- Calories 258
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 148 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g