Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Orzotto, made with orzo pasta instead of rice, cooks in half the time of traditional risotto.
1. Place broth and 3 cups water in large glass measuring cup, and heat in microwave 5 minutes, or until boiling.
2. Heat oil in deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 6 minutes, or until tender. Add asparagus, and sauté 2 minutes, or until bright green.
3. Stir in orzo, and sauté 2 minutes, or until pasta is coated with oil. Stir in wine, and cook 3 minutes, or until liquid is almost completely absorbed, stirring constantly. Pour in 1 cup hot broth mixture. Cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, stirring constantly. Continue adding broth mixture 1/2 cup at a time and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often and allowing orzo to absorb most of liquid before adding more. Stir in Parmesan, basil, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 387
- Carbohydrate Content 65 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 7.5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 469 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g