Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This meal requires some organization and quick action, which you can easily achieve by lining up a row of wonton wrappers ready for filling and sealing all at one time. You can fry some dumplings while wrapping others, but dumplings cook and brown quickly, so you must keep an eye on the skillet while wrapping.
- To make Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well. Set aside.
- To make Dumplings: Mix together “beef,” ginger, garlic, soy sauce, carrot and sesame seeds, and stir well. Arrange a row of wrappers side by side on flat work surface, and spoon a heaping teaspoonful of filling onto center of each wrapper. Wet finger with water, brush water on edges of wrappers and fold wrapper over to form a triangle, pinching edges shut to seal. Put readied wrappers on baking sheet. Repeat procedure until all filling and wrappers are used up.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry dumplings until golden on first side, and, using spatula, turn over to brown on second side. Remove from heat, and set aside on layers of paper towels, pressing lightly to absorb oil.
- Repeat until all dumplings are fried, adding more oil as needed. Serve with Dipping Sauce.
You might also like:
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 790 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g