Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Curry and winter squash pair well in fall dishes like this gorgeous stuffed squash.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Pierce squash in several places with knife. Microwave 3 minutes on high power to soften. Slice off ends, and stand squash upright. Cut straight down length of squash. Remove seeds with spoon. Place halves cut side down on rimmed baking sheet, and add 11/2 cups water to cover surface. Bake 30 minutes, or until squash yields when pressed.
3. Cool squash cut side up 10 minutes. Scrape squash halves with fork to release strands.
4. Transfer strands to large bowl, and stir in chickpeas, onion, tofu, sun-dried tomatoes, raisins, and jalapeño.
5. Whisk together coconut milk and curry powder in bowl; stir into squash mixture, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Fill squash shells with mixture, and return to baking sheet, cut side up. Bake 20 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with basil (if using).
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g