Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Freshly brewed green tea lends a deliciously subtle, grassy flavor to this light rice dish. Serve with low-sodium soy sauce and chili oil, if desired.
1. Place tea bags in 4-cup measuring cup, and cover with 3 cups water. Steep 7 to 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
2. Combine rice, garlic, ginger, and tea in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add frozen vegetables, and cover pan again. Cook 5 to 10 more minutes, or until tea is absorbed and vegetables are hot and crisp-tender. Stir in green onions and sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 169
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 305 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g