Springy Linguine with Vegan Lemon Cream Sauce
So quick, so easy, so lemony
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Lemony pasta is a warm-weather fave. For this linguine with vegan lemon cream sauce, we use dairy-free cream cheese as a base to capture the creamy, sticky, cheesy quality of the classic. It also makes for a blissfully short grocery list. This base is great for adding in additional spring veggies, too. Try it was a toss of peas or asparagus, or add a bit of asparagus on top just before serving.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Gluten-Free Pasta e Ceci
Artichoke Kale Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Pasta with Blue Cheese, Arugula, Figs, and Walnuts
Linguine with Vegan Lemon Cream
- 8 oz. dry linguine
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cream cheese
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and 1 Tbs. zest grated
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- Cook linguine according to package directions in pot of boiling salted water.
- Warm cream cheese, oil, and 2 Tbs. lemon juice in saucepan over low heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Stir reserved cooking water into cream cheese mixture. Add pasta, lemon zest, and basil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired