Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The classic combo of celery and peanut butter gets a tasty update in this noodle salad. Choose very fresh celery with plenty of dark leaves that are the color of parsley.
1. Process sesame oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and chile-garlic sauce in blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to glass measuring cup.
2. Cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain, and cool in strainer 20 minutes, tossing occasionally to prevent sticking.
3. Transfer pasta to large bowl, and season with salt, if desired. Add sliced celery, chopped celery leaves, half of peanuts (if using), and 1/2 cup sauce; toss to combine. Garnish with remaining peanuts (if using) and whole or torn celery leaves. Drizzle with remaining sauce, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories 314
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 425 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g