Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Pre-cooking these patties lets you throw them on the grill without worrying they’ll stick or fall apart. Serve with gluten-free buns and your favorite burger fixings.
- Bring broth, sweet potato, and quinoa to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Transfer to bowl to cool.
- Stir chickpeas, zucchini, pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseeds, basil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and thyme into quinoa mixture, mashing chickpeas and sweet potato but leaving some chunks. Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, or preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from heat, and either place on baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes, or cook on grill 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g