Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- To make Sweet Potatoes and Quinoa: Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss sweet potatoes with oil on large baking sheet, and spread in single layer. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and roast 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook
15 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt, if desired.
- To make Chimichurri: Warm oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend parsley, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes in food processor until coarsely chopped. Pour in warm oil, and pulse quickly until blended.
- Divide sweet potatoes and quinoa among 4 bowls. Top each serving with 3 Tbs. Chimichurri, and garnish with sliced avocado, if using. Drizzle with extra Chimichurri, if desired.
- Calories 443
- Carbohydrate Content 71 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 131 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g