Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
VT reduced the roasting time for the tofu in this recipe to keep it under 30 minutes, with no change in taste or texture. Serve with steamed rice.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together 4 Tbs. sesame oil, canola oil, vinegar, tamari, ginger, and wasabi powder in large bowl. Add tofu, and toss to coat cubes in marinade.
2. Spread tofu in single layer on prepared baking sheet, and reserve marinade. Whisk cornstarch into reserved marinade, and set aside. Roast tofu cubes 10 minutes, or until bottoms are dark golden brown. Flip, and roast 5 minutes more, or until second sides are dark golden brown and cubes have puffed up.
3. Heat remaining 2 Tbs. sesame oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic, and cook 15 seconds, or until beginning to brown. Transfer garlic to plate.
4. Add bok choy stems and mushrooms, and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until wilted. Add bok choy leaves and cabbage, and stir-fry 3 minutes more. Add roasted tofu and reserved marinade; stir-fry 1 minute, or until sauce has thickened.
- Calories 301
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 353 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g