Garlicky Greens Sauce
Silky bitter greens plus sweet dried currants are a favorite Southern Italian pasta pairing.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The bite-sized greens and small dried fruit work well with a pound of farfalle, or bowtie pasta. If you can’t find dandelion greens, try mustard greens or baby kale.
- olive oil
- cloves garlic, minced
- dandelion greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
- dried currants
- grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, or until softened but not browned, stirring occasionally.
2. Add dandelion greens, and season with salt, if desired; cook 2 minutes to wilt. Remove from heat, and stir in currants and Parmesan. Toss with hot pasta.
- Serving Size Per 3/4-cup serving
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 134 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g