Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Frozen green beans and peas are simmered and then sautéed with a prepared Indian curry paste for a spicy dish that can be served on its own or with warmed naan bread or steamed rice.
1. Place raisins in measuring cup, and cover with enough boiling water to make 1 cup. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain, and reserve liquid.
2. Combine curry paste with 1/4 cup raisin-soaking liquid in large skillet. Cook 1 minute over medium-high heat, or until curry paste darkens and becomes fragrant.
3. Add green beans, raisins, and remaining raisin-soaking liquid; cover skillet, and cook 2 minutes. Add peas, stir to coat vegetables with liquid, cover, and cook 2 minutes more, or until peas are mostly defrosted. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, uncovered, or until skillet is dry and vegetables are bright green and tender. Serve sprinkled with cashews.
- Calories 383
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 176 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g