Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This recipe is a good way to make the switch from white pasta to whole-grain varieties that offer more fiber and protein. The dish also tastes great as a cold noodle salad.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water, and set pasta aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is golden.
3. Add bok choy, broccoli, snow peas, and bell pepper. Stir-fry 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in hoisin and garlic-chili sauces. Stir in noodles, adding 1/2 cup reserved cooking water. Add more water if mixture seems too dry. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. chopped peanuts.
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 205 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g