Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Rather than frying this cauliflower dish, Madhu Gadia, author of The Indian Vegan Kitchen, steams and bakes it for a party entrée that’s elegant and healthful.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Blend onion, tomato sauce, jalepeño, ginger, garlic, garlic, and cumin in blender until paste forms. Heat 2 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion paste, and cook 3 minutes, or until mixture comes together in dense mass. Stir in coriander, turmeric, cayenne, amchoor, and garam masala; cook 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water and grated potato.
2. Steam whole cauliflower head 5 to 7 minutes. Cool. Press onion mixture all over cauliflower. Set in baking dish.
3. Toss sliced potatoes with remaining 1 Tbs. oil on baking sheet. Transfer both pans to oven, and bake 25 minutes, turning potatoes once. Serve cauliflower with sliced potatoes.
- Calories 154
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 108 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g