Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Steam tempeh in steamer 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
2. Pulse tempeh in food processor until ground into rice-size pieces. Add tahini, agave, miso, and onion powder. Pulse several times until just combined. Transfer to bowl.
3. Place 1 nori sheet on sushi mat or work surface. Spread 2/3 cup tempeh mixture out to sides of sheet, stopping 11/2 inches from top edge. Press down mixture to flatten. Place 2 to 3 avocado wedges in center of mixture, and scatter 2 tsp. green onions on top. Roll sushi using a mat or by hand, and seal edge with soy sauce. Cut into 8 pieces with sharp knife. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Sprinkle sushi with sesame seeds and remaining green onions.
- Calories 319
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 216 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g