Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Muesli is usually made with uncooked rolled oats, nuts, and fruit. Here, a small amount of agave nectar and a granola-style baking step give this mix a toasted flavor that’s healthful without tasting like health food.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together oil, agave nectar, and almond and vanilla extracts in large bowl. Add oats and almonds, and toss to coat.
3. Divide oat mixture between prepared baking sheets, and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes to prevent burning. Cool on baking sheets. Stir in dried fruit.
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g