Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A hint of dried tarragon brings out the flavors of browned onion slices and steamed broccoli.
1. Cut onion into 8 wedges. Cut each wedge into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 10 minutes, or until browned. Add 1 cup water and tarragon, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli 3 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain broccoli and pasta, and add to onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and drizzle with olive oil, if using.
- Calories 296
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0.5 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 19 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g